The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, December 28, 2007

Oh Pool Boy...


Oh my, do I *evah* love LOVE the new Happy Hour set from Firecracker Designs by Pamela. I have soooo many ideas running through my head for using this set - between the *awesome* hibiscus flowers (2 sizes!!!) and this hurricane drink glass with lots of accessories, I am going to be busy....

The entire time I was making this card I had that Jimmy Buffett song running through my head. You know the one, c'mon -- sing along!
"If you like Pina Coladas....and getting caught in the rain...."

There is a ton of sparkle and shine on this card, the photo does not do it justice. I have a close-up of the hurricane glass below.


This card ended up being a bit on the complicated side, but I think a lot of that was just me chaning my mind mid-stride, LOL! The drink and the lime are stamped in StazOn Jet Black onto a window sheet, colored with Prismacolor alcohol markers and cut out. To adhere the glass to the white circle (Marvy Mega size - pink) I used Stardust Stickles, so there's lots of shine and no adhesive lines. I cut the lime in the center and slipped it over the top with a mini glue dot. The scallop punch is the Marvy Giga size (purple) and I added the doodles freehand with a lime green glitter gel pen and popped up the whole thing with dimensionals.

I outlined the stuck-on drink with my Brick White Prismacolor marker and added the green shadow freehand, just to spruce up the main image a bit. The purple designer paper is from Die Cuts With a View (I can't remember which collection) and it is also glittery, mostly in the flower centers. The ribbon and brads are from Hobby Lobby. I made the sentiment on my computer.

2 people made my day!:

Sharon Caudle said...

How cute!!! I love that stamp and the colors you used! Makes me thirsty!! :) Thanks so much for participating in my blog candy challenge!!! Good luck!! :)

Anonymous said...

Jen...this is soo cool!! Thanks so much for sharing this idea!! I never would've thought to use stickles as glue!! A "duh" moment I guess!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...