The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Hibiscus - Beate's WSC36

Here's a card I made using Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge - WSC36. I always LOVE her sketches, I've had this one sitting on my stamp table all week (WSC37 came out this morning) but that's ok. I got to it eventually and I am really pleased with how this card turned out!

I cut the Chocolate Chip cardstock 4.25" by 11" and folded it in half. I dragged my Palette New Canvas ink pad all across the cardstock, let it dry, then dragged the Palette Burnt Umber over the top to age it a little. I used the distressor on all 3 sides.

I then cut a piece of Soft Sky Prints DSP 3.25" by 5", and a skinny strip of River Rock cardstock. After I glued them together I did the faux stitching with the paper piercer and Chocolate Chip marker. I distressed the edge of the River Rock and dragged Palette Burnt Umber ink across the top of the Soft Sky DSP to "dirty" it up a little.

I stamped the Hibiscus from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps (available wood-mounted or unmounted) onto Shimmery White cardstock with Palette Burnt Umber. I colored it using Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi and River Rock ink and the Aqua Painter. I cut it out really close to the edge of the design and used the distressor on it. I cut a mat piece of River Rock and distressed the edges of that too.

I dyed some white grosgrain ribbon with River Rock ink, but it didn't get nearly dark enough doing it the traditional way (which I have done before with great success, BTW) so I just took my Aqua Painter and reinker again and colored it that way. Worked great - just the right shade! The Soft Sky colored grosgrain is from RABOM. I used Holly's Easy Peasy Ribbon technique to make the awesome "bow". The main image is up on dimensionals. I added Chocolate brads I bought at Joann to finish it off.

(Can I say I LOVE this Hibiscus stamp?!).

3 people made my day!:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I love the color combo, the distressing, the faux stitching! Great card!
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Can I say I love what you have done with that stamp!

SBS13

Diane said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the colors you used!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...