The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Verve Visual Sketch and Spring Flowers


I made this during nap time today - yay for stamping time! This set features the Spring Flowers - Sitting Pretty stamp set from Firecracker Designs by Pamela. This is my design team set for February. Lots of beautiful possibilities with this one!

I also used the sketch from Verve Visual for their Guest Designer challenge. Lastly, I used Color Challenge #153 (CC153) from Splitcoast Stampers - Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, and Kraft. Whew!

Ok, I think you all know that I am not good with Bold Brights. And this is a BRIGHT combo. That's why I decided to try it - really getting into the spirit of the "Challenge" concept, YKWIM?

Very straightforward recipe, I'll hit a couple of the highlights here in case you're wondering. I colored the main image with my Prismacolor alcohol markers and colorless blender pen. I added Quickie glue and dazzling diamonds glitter to the very center of the flower, cut it out and added it to the white c/s with dimensionals. Both of the square pieces are on dimensionals as well. I wanted to try something different with the little embellishment at the top left, so I tried a couple lines of brads instead of paper accents.

Complete supply list. Stamps: Spring Flowers - Sitting Pretty from Firecracker Designs by Pamela, Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Backgrounds splatter image. Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Kraft, GP 110 white, TAC designer paper. Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore. Accessories: Prismacolor alcohol markers, Copic colorless blender, white brads, quickie glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter, ribbon from Michael's, dimensionals, sponges.


5 people made my day!:

Etha said...

whoah!! I totally LOVE this, the colors are stunning and the flower is beautiful :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh so beautiful! The color combo and the sparkles are fabulous! Great card!

Heather said...

Great card! Love the colors especially!

FireCracker082 said...

another stunner!! (did I comment on this one already?? LOL)

Diane said...

How lovely is this! Love the colors !!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...