The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Triple Threat Challenge Card!

Stampin' time today - oh I am soooo happy. Here's a triple challenge card for you to peek at. We've got the sketch from MJ at Techno Stamper (TSSC8), this week's SUPER yummy color challenge at Splitcoast (CC157 - Black, Basic Grey and Pomegranate) and the challenge from Bela at Bela's Creating Place to make cards with flowers - anything goes as long as it has flowers (she has blog candy if you participate - go see!).

Whew! I know how to make the most of my stamping time today, huh?? Not sure if I am loving the Cuttlebug die cut corner in the upper right, but it felt like it needed SOMETHING else when I looked at the nearly-finished product, so I added that. Any opinions on that?

So, this card came together pretty quickly. The right-side background piece is Basic Grey, and I used the direct-to-paper method to rub on Basic Grey ink, and then Palette New Canvas (white) over the top of it to distress it a little. I made the black scalloped piece using my small EK Success corner rounder (the yellow one) with the guard removed. Stamped the Hibiscus from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps in Palette Noir on Shimmery White and colored it in with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. The metal frame is actually from the Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware kit from Stampin' Up, but obviously Antique Brass was the wrong color for this card so I colored it silver with my Zig Painty. I used the SU oval punches to finish that off. The sentiment is from Stamping Bella.

Can you believe there is no glitter on this card?! What kind of a crazy day is this?

2 people made my day!:

Richelle said...

pretty card...I love grey. the diecut looks great too!

Richelle

MJ said...

I too love these colors, you sure did a great job combining challenges. Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...