The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pink Papery Wednesday - Patterned Paper

Happy New Year's Eve! I don't know about where you are, but this past year sure flew by around here. And here we are at the beginning of another snowy Wednesday in Wisconsin - perfect bubble bath weather {if you don't have two little kids running around, LOL}.

For this week's Pink Papery Studios designer challenge, Shelly challenged us to Mix It Up! and use up our scraps. Each project needed to have at least two different patterned paper scraps on it. LOVE Shelly right now for this one, because patterned paper is one of my favorite things to put on cards! Or, on anything really, heehee, but cards are the most practical. I used some of my precious Soft Sky prints paper from last year's SU catalog, and some velvet/flocked paper I got at the LSS {can't remember who makes this}.

I reached for my stash of GORGEOUS new images from Pink Papery Studios and chose these from the Simply Bath set. I colored her in with my Copics {gotta get my money's worth out of that new "D" color set I got at Gina K last week!} and added December Sky Shimmerz Blingz to the bathwater and bubbles for extra glitz.

I used SC207 from Splitcoast for the sketch here, it's from a couple of weeks ago but I hadn't had a chance to play around with it yet and I thought this was a great image to try it with! I think I covered all the high points - I'll back a little later this morning with this week's Belli Challenge card!

9 people made my day!:

Christi Flores said...

This is beautiful!! I love that dp!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Seriously?!? This is GORGEOUS! I love it! And yes, you DO need to get crankin on the cards using that D set :) So happy for you..can't wait to drool over it :) Have a great day, Jen!

Anonymous said...

She just looks so relaxed! Love your sketch, too!

Danni said...

What a pretty card. Love it!! I wish I was her......LOL!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is fabulous! Happy New Year!

Kimmie said...

Great card! Happy New Year

Cassie said...

this is one of my favorite cards from the challenge this week jennifer! i am gaga over that flocked paper and want to have a big stash in my room to play with!! Happy New Year girl!

Etha said...

beautiful card! Love that sketch and how you used it, makes me feel better just looking at it :)

Jami said...

Love these colors - so elegant. And this image is perfect with this sketch!! You rocked all these challenges!
hugs, Jami

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...