The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Winter Wonderland Mojo #113


{click to enlarge photo}
Happy Thursday to you all in blog land! Hope everyone is having a good week!
I am sad to say I'm halfway through my awesome month guest designing for Victoria Case Stamps. It's been such fun, and don't worry, there is still some great stuff yet to come before December rolls around! Victoria has named Thursday as challenge day! This week we have a color challenge - Navy, Gray and White. My favorite winter/Christmas color combo! I knew what I had to do here. ;-) You can check out the Victoria Case Stamps Challenge Blog for all the challenge details.

My image is a
Victoria Case for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design (SCACD), and this image is called Snow Fun, from the Winter Wonderland collection. I think I've mentioned a time or ten that I am NOT big fan of winter...although I do like the CONCEPT of winter, LOL, hence I love winter images! Just not...snow on the roads and freezing temperatures. So I knew this sweetie pie would be perfect for Victoria's color combo! I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on PTI white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I added white Sparkly Fluff to her boots, mittens and hat, and Stardust Stickles to the highlights of the snow and the snowman.

I made the bow with the Bow Easy - you have heard me rave about this tool before but I'll say it again - I LOVE IT!! I have 2 pieces of grosgrain ribbon, white and navy. I cut them extra long to go around behind my snowflake panel and then made the bow with the Bow Easy. When it was done I had a perfect bow with nice long tails, which I taped behind the precut panel, and viola, a flat bow right in line with my ribbon! I was really pleased with how that turned out! Lots of dimension here too, and the sentiment is from the Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Special Edition Ornament Collection.
This is a sketch challenge card as well, HOW PERFECT is this week's Mojo Monday sketch {MOJO113} for this image?? Here's the sketch so you can see for yourself - perfect!
You can see the sketch and lots more inspiration from the rest of the DT on the Victoria Case Stamps Challenge Blog. Thanks for stopping by today!

4 people made my day!:

Laura :) said...

This is such s pretty card! I love the blues!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful card! The images are adorable! Great colors, too!

Lisa Foster said...

Love this! I adore all of VC's images...now I think I have to havet his one too :)
Beautiful card!
Hugs,
Lisa

Jana Weaver said...

Jennifer, this is gorgeous!! I just love your coloring on this...perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...